Total PageViews :

Friday, February 12, 2010

My first ''Love'' !

It happened probably 10 or 12 years back. He had a round face and even a round body.(His height was as much as his diameter!) His features were almost insignificant. His eyes were just two small dots and had two small unsymmetrical curves as his eye brows.His nose was jus one straight line just as his fingers. His lips were curved into a smile facing me. (Rather beaming at me).His big huge belly was somehow borne by two straight lines as his very very thin legs. Such a man could never probably exist. But it dint strike me then.And i dint care.HE was the man of my heart.My man of my imagination (then, not now :P). My first 'OWN' drawing.

Yeah, it was at that moment when I had my first love, trust me a life-long love of "ART". It just began with that drawing of a man at home (On my OWN), when i went and showed my mom. She was happy and must have said some great things about it(Probably, I must have been too stupid to believe them though). On and on it went. First drawing. Then crayon work, then water colours,then sketches,then pencil shading,then poster colours, and finally today i can (though not correctly) do some oil-painting too.It was probably the only thing loved doing as i spent the whole summer holidays of school life with my art books.

I had attended(In my 4th class) a few months classes with Dr.B.A.Reddy as my master where he never taught drawing. But brought it out of us. He gave simple topics like a 'play-ground','hide-n-seek','road-side-vendors','My pet'and i had to imagine and draw. I had to fill my own colours of my own choice. And after i finished he questions why did i draw it like this? why did i colour it like this ? And i had answers,somehow. It went on like that for about 6 months. Every weekend i used to go to his house where about 30-40 kids used to come too.I dont really remember how and why i left that institute (or rather his house) but i dint leave my love.Then i dint go for any classes for about 3 years.

But all those years , I has school work to do(Charts , crafts..). Then i came across another artist (art-teacher) Mrs. Alkalal.I had attened her classes again for about 6 months in 7th class, where she had a different stlye of teaching. She asked me to imagine how an object looks like when light falls on it. How and wat size of a shadow is created. How the shades differ.That was when i learnt how to shade. How magical colours were...How to merge colours...How tremondously beatiful this world was...Honeslty, painting taught me not only how to paint but also how to look at the world. It was a great vision this teacher had given me. Its not just painting on paper. It was the world i am painting!

After about 6 months , i had to leave her classes as i had began pounding on my acedamic career again by joing the well known (for seenu sir) Sharma institute. Then my art life began falling. Dint paint , dint even touch my paints for about many years. But again i kept my love alive. This time i started participating in many painting competitions.Which gave me confidence, ideas,time to paint and finally to keep my love alive! I had won plenty of prizes too!Appreciation was one more thing i found as a by product of art...It makes you happy and paint more too!

I have seen many people asking me ''where did you learn painting?'' .Trust me, it can never be 'taught'. It can just be guided, nutured and...believed in! The whole 'science' of fine arts must ideally deal with imagination and capturing it, not achieving perfection in shading and blending. A child need not be taught how to walk, he ll learn it by himself. Similarly here...One doesnt need to learn drawing and sketching. It is all in-built in each one of us...Encoded in our DNA!
Finally, I am just still one little peck among lakhs of artists across the world...I have a lott more to do and learn...But trust me , after all these years of painting i have learnt that doing something you love doing, for ur passion, to fuel ur love, makes it beautiful and magical...And above all, I have learnt that 'True Love' never dies !

8 comments:

  1. ravalli , your story is very interesting , and seeing your artworks today , no one can just believe that you have started from scrap . Your art work shows how much creativity you have and how much hardwork you have done . Cheers to you and I wish that you are always happy with your "first love " !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ive seen u grow all de way thru ur simple art clas stuff to wt ur now..nd i must say..im reaally PROUD of u! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a very good post..U made me wish I were a painter but I don't think I'm too much of a painter..Really nice post! Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiii,
    The blog is really interesting.It has got many points that are to be realised like (your master didn't teach you but he brought it out of you).The same goes with education.........I think I'm going out of way.
    I really loved the name of blog My First "Love".Hope I will see many more interesting blogs from you. All the best!!!!!!Finally,you have got a good way of communicating your feelings to others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much all of u!!
    You all really keep me going :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. your way of narration is fantastic....
    it brings out interest in the reader...
    didnt know that u were in sharma too..
    mmm...ya the name is also good..
    over all a good one..

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Karthik..Thanks :) Well even i dint knw u were from sharma too !

    ReplyDelete